We welcome new authors at Queer Pack! We’re constantly searching for new, talented authors as we are passionate about expanding our offerings. If you are interested in publishing with us at Queer Pack, send us your manuscripts once you’ve read through the submission guidelines below.
Queer Pack is interested in writers who are queer and writing all kinds of stories with characters who are bi/pan/aro/ace/lesbian/gay individuals as well as trans, non-binary, intersex, and/or gender non-conforming people. Really, about anyone not conforming to heteronormativity and/or the binary as they were assigned at birth.
We invite submissions of believable romances, mysteries, fantasy, sci-fi, steampunk, and well-researched historical novels, plus interesting queer nonfiction, including biographies and autobiographies. We publish books in German and English. Novellas (18,000 to 60,000 words) and novels (60,000+ words) will be published as e-books. Novel-length books will also be published as trade paperbacks.
Before sending us your manuscript:
- Please don’t send us your first draft. Revise and proofread your manuscript thoroughly before submitting it for consideration. Correct any spelling and grammar mistakes.
- Include a synopsis or at least a summary of the plot and provide the word count for the entire, completed manuscript.
- Send us your manuscript as a *.doc, *.docx, or *.rtf file. Please send us your manuscript attached to an e-mail. Do not mail us paper copies. Any and all unsolicited manuscripts sent to us by post will not be returned.
- Let us know how long you have been writing and whether you have already published novels or short stories (and if yes, where).
- Also let us know why you think your book would be a good fit for Queer Pack.
The submission process:
- We will send you a confirmation e-mail after receiving your manuscript.
- It typically takes our editors four to eight weeks to review your manuscript.
Manuscript formatting guidelines:
- Indent the first line of each paragraph 0.2 inches. Don’t put an extra blank line between paragraphs. Don’t place hyphens at the end of a line.
- For scene breaks, leave one blank line; then, in the next line, center three spaced asterisk [* * *], followed by another blank line.
- Number each page (except for the cover page)
- Use smart (curly/typographic) quotation marks instead of straight quotation marks. Use smart apostrophes instead of straight apostrophes.
Please send your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.